04 April 2024

Unreal 5.3 - Base Game Play Mode

 

In order to provide VFX for a game, I need a game. So...I created one in UE 5 these past couple days. This is a WIP of the Base Gameplay mode (Hence the Drum And Bass 😏 ) I started with an initial blocking out version of the game to figure out all of the logic and blueprints of the game. I downloaded characters from Mixamo with animations, then set Third Person Player logic with blueprints. In addition I set up NPC characters with AI logic and also did a quick variation of one in Houdini, then reapplied skeleton binding and animations. I downloaded existing environment/vehicle meshes for initial setup. I am a VFX artist so the principle of the gameplay is basic, Try to last as many rounds as you can as the NPC's multiply every round, Yea I know sounds familiar 😉 But now I have enough to polish and start to add VFX for 10% more badass. 😁
Let the games begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment